Support Worker ABN
ABN Info for Working on mobility
Everything You Need To Know
1. What is an ABN?
An Australian Business Number is an 11-digit number that identifies your business activities in Australia. It’s required for anyone who wants to sign up as a support worker on the mobility merktplace. Apply for an ABN and find more information on the Australian Business Registration wesbite.
2. Why do Workers Need an ABN?
Having ABN is common requirement when working as an Independent Contractor in Australia. It simplifies invoicing and payments, ensuring the speed of payment to you. In the past, for support workers that did not have an ABN, we were required to withhold tax at the highest level; support workers would need to wait until they did their taxes to get any difference back. An ABN helps avoid these delays and complications.
3. Can I Use My TFN?
No, you must have an ABN to apply for jobs on the mobility marketplace. Your ABN helps us accurately invoice clients on your behalf, get you paid faster and at the right amount.
4. How Do I Get an ABN?
Getting an ABN is easy:
- Apply for free on the Australian Business Register website by clicking here.
- Ensure you have all the necessary documents, such as proof of identity.
- Complete the online application, we’ve made a guide to help you apply here.
- After submitting, you’ll typically receive your ABN immediately or within a few days.
5. How Do I Add My ABN to My Profile?
Once you have your ABN, adding it to your Mobility profile is easy:
- Open the mobility app📲
- Log in to your account 👨💻
- Select the ≡ menu.
- Go to ‘Edit Profile’
- Tap ‘Requirements and Availability’ 👉
- Scroll to the bottom and enter your 11-digit ABN in the designated field 🔍
- Save your changes, and you’re all set! 🎉
6. Registering for GST
Additionally, you must register for GST if you earn over $75,000 annually.
- What is GST: Goods and Service Tax is a 10% tax on most goods and services in Australia.
- Who Needs to Register: If your income exceeds the $75,000 threshold you are requried to register.
- How to Register: You can register for GST via the ATO website or through your accountant or a registered tax agent.
8. Need Help with ABN or GST Registration?
We have made a helpful guide with ABN application tips. It’s important to note that we can only provide general advice. For specific information related to your ABN, registering for GST or any tax-related matters; we recommend seeking advice from the ATO’s website, the ABR website, or speaking to your accountant or approved tax agent.
1.To register for an ABN, or find out more info please visit the Australia Business Registration website:
2.For more information on eligibility and registering for GST, please see: